The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave.
You have an employee who is asking about the FMLA because she needs to take leave from work to care for a family member who is seriously ill. You are going to meet with her to explain it. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation (minimum of 8 slides) and address the following:
- Overview of FMLA
- Does the state where you currently reside have its own FMLA?
- How does FMLA apply in the workplace?
- Who does it apply to?
- Does it apply in this situation?
- Is FMLA paid or unpaid leave? Is using accrued paid vacation leave, paid sick leave, or family leave allowed?
- What is required to be approved for FMLA?
Include a minimum of 1 graph or chart in your presentation.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title slide: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 8 slides minimum
- Body slides: This begins on the slide following the title slide and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your presentation for this assignment is 8 slides. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference slide: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final slide of your presentation. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference slide is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"