Can you help?
– The assignment should be prepared as a Word document, 3 pages in length.
• The document should be double-spaced, using Arial font #12.
• Add any appendices or references at the end of the Word document for each discipline separately.
• Your reference sources, in addition to the base case and question sets, should be online sites and articles, Bloomberg terminals, and other sources.
• Turnitin, a software tool that improves writing and prevents plagiarism, will be used to assess your sourcing of information.
Please make sure to read the two cases about Disney before you answer the below questions.
The objective of the integrated semester is to help you extend your knowledge of how the Finance, Operations, Management, and Marketing disciplines work and how they integrate their functioning in the real world of business. This assignment is an assessment of how well you understand the integration process.
This assignment will be dealing with DISNEY and has 2 parts.
Listed below you will find one WEAKNESSES and one THREAT for DISNEY, read them carefully then proceed to answer the questions that follow :
1. Disney Weakness:
Walt Disney Company has a higher employee turnover rate compared to competitors.
2. Disney Threat:
There is a predicted global recession in the near future. This can cause a problem for Disney in the sense that attendance at their global entertainment venues will decline negatively, impacting their revenue and profit.
· Pick one, either the Disney Weakness or the Threat and explain how you would turn the Disney weakness into a Strength or the Disney Threat into an Opportunity.
· Explain how your actions would impact Marketing, Finance, Management and Operations.
Assume you are the new CEO of Disney and you have to now rebuild the Disney Brand Image that was damaged due to major harassment scandals so it bounces back from all the negative publicity it received from these incidents. Note: harassment covers not only sexual offensives against women but bullying, microaggression and offensive behaviors against LGBTQ, people with disabilities, older members of the workforce and people from other cultures.
Your overall bounce back strategy is to commit to a change in the Disney work place culture at all levels involving all employees in all Disney companies and divisions. After your careful investigation and detailed understanding of the issues you want to take steps to develop a culture of trust, respect and purpose for all employees and a harassment free work environment in all 32 Disney Global Business units with a total of 203,000 employees. To establish consistency in policy and procedures on a global basis requires you retain services of an outside consulting firm with expertise in development of Human Resource Programs that can guide the Disney Organization step-by-step through a critical process so all their employees become trained and certified in policies to end Harassment within their organization. The cost to implement the program is $600 per employee for a total cost of
$12,180,000.(203,000 employees x $600 each).
Your Assignment has 3 parts:
· Explain how you would Announce, Market and Promote this program internally to all Disney employees so they take a Pledge of Commitment to make the Disney workplace a more respectful place of employment.
· Secondly: Explain what Marketing action you recommend Disney take to reverse the negative impression these harassment scandals had among Disney PUBLICS ( their external audiences) to make all Disney divisions a more
respectful place of employment.
· Lastly, Explain the impact these actions have across Marketing ,Finance,
Management and Operations.