Read Case Study 10-2, â€œShould the Union Represent Slick Willie Owens?,â€ on page 534 in your textbook, and answer the questions provided. Determine the need for an investigation, the type of evidence needed, and the essential conditions of an investigation by answering the questions below.
- What are Willieâ€™s arguments that would require the union to represent him without Willie paying any money?
- What are the union membersâ€™ argument that would require Willie to pay for the costs of representing him?
- Is this adopted proposal fair to Willie? Is it fair to the members of the union?
- If the union refuses to represent Willie and pay for the unionâ€™s attorney and its share of the arbitration costs and then Willie files a charge against the union with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), how will the NLRB rule?
- If you were a member of the union, how would you have voted on the proposal? Why?
- If you are a member of management and learn about Willieâ€™s position and the unionâ€™s position, what would you do?
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"