The purpose of this assignment is to provide you with an appreciation of the importance of “sensation and perception” and also provide you “hands on experience” in learning.
The assignment fulfills/supports:
- Module Outcome: 1
- Course Outcomes: 1, 3
- General Education Competencies: 1, 2, 5
For this Discussion Board, complete the following steps:
Watch the following video:
Watch VideoHomunculus: Crash Course Psychology #6 Duration: 10:24
User: n/a – Added: 3/10/14 YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxZWtc0mYpQ
Step 2Explore the “Human Senses Lab” activities at the following website: http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/lrm22/lessons/human_senses/human_senses.html (opens in a new window).Step 3In your initial post, discuss each of the following questions about Sensation and Perception:
- Define sensation and perception in your own words.
- Now that you have a better understanding of how your senses work, and how much you depend on them, pretend that your sight or hearing has been lost, and you have a service animal. What tasks would you need your service animal to perform to live safely? What are some laws and expectations you may not have been aware of regarding service animals? You may find these links helpful: https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm and https://www.guidedog.org/PuppyRaising/PuppyRaiserManual/Resources/Assistance_Dog_Etiquette.aspx and you are encouraged to research independently as well.
- In your response, I expect you to briefly review ADA laws and how you should behave if you encounter someone with a service animal.
- ***Please consider this assignment an opportunity to learn more about the lives of people with disabilities (in this case, involving the senses) and how much closer to a “normal life” people can lead because of these animals, as well as what to do if you encounter a person with a service animal. Note that “Emotional Support” animals are not that same as a service animal.
Teen Buzz Website: www.teenbuzz.org
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zerCK0lRjp8
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hBfnXACsOI
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"