Course objectives are as follows:
1. Identify the main components of the criminal justice system and explain their contributions to the administration of justice.
2. Explain the 12 steps of the criminal justice process.
3. Summarize the history of policing and explain the various law enforcement procedures.
4. Describe the nature of due process and the specific constitutional amendments that guarantee these rights.
5. Examine the makeup of the American court system.
6. Evaluate modern correctional practices and the philosophies guiding both institutional and community corrections.
7. Discuss contemporary criminal justice issues.