- Review Chapter 2 in Applied Psychology in Talent Management.
- Read the webpage Affirmative Action Links to an external site..
- This webpage provides information about affirmative action.
- Read the article Discrimination: How and Why Can It Be Legal?Links to an external site.
- This article provides information on how discrimination can sometimes be legal.
- View the video Rethinking Talent Management—Interview With Professor Jay Conger Links to an external site.. This video provides information about the area of talent management and where today’s organizations fail when it comes to implementing effective talent management programs.
The laws and regulations on hiring and managing talent are dynamic and impact today’s practice. Practices that might have been acceptable 2 decades ago could likely be prohibited under today’s federal hiring practices. Research a case law for discrimination then write a two- to four-page analysis addressing the points listed below. Use APA Style and a minimum of two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the text. Please use these resources to assist you with Formatting Your References List Links to an external site.and APA: Citing Within Your Paper Links to an external site..
In your analysis,
- Identify the case.
- Explain the specific discrimination.
- Summarize the case issue, findings, and outcome.
- Explain how the findings from the case are applied to today’s practices.
The Applied Psychology and Changing Demographics paper
- Must be two to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style Links to an external site.as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word Links to an external site.resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice Links to an external site.resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions Links to an external site.and Writing a Thesis Statement Links to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources Links to an external site.table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- Utilize correct APA Style formatting for legal sources including case law and legislation. See the Citing Legal Sources Links to an external site.resource from the Writing Center as well as the Citing Legal Sources in APA Style Links to an external site.from the University Library of California State University, Stanislaus, for assistance.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper Links to an external site.guide.
- Avoid overdependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating Research Links to an external site.resource from the Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List Links to an external site.resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric Links to an external site.for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"