The following guidelines for healthcare practitioners are helpful for staying within the scope of practice while operating within the law and policy of any healthcare facility.
- Practice within the scope of your training and capabilities.
- Use the professional title commensurate with your education and experience.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Prepare and maintain health records.
- Document accurately
- Use appropriate legal and ethical guidelines when releasing information.
- Follow an employer’s established policies dealing with the health care contract.
- Follow legal guidelines and maintain awareness of health care legislation and regulations.
- Maintain and dispose of regulated substances in compliance with government guidelines.
- Follow established risk management and safety procedures.
- Meet the requirements for professional credentialing.
- Help develop and maintain personnel, policy, and procedure manuals.
Select 2 of these and discuss why they are important for building effective provider/patient relationships and maintaining a standard of care. Are there other guidelines you would add to this list? Use examples based on your experiences.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"